NJ Pre-Owned Vehicle Exchange Policy
Don't Like Your Car? Bring It Back!
With our exclusive 30-Day Exchange Policy, you can now purchase an NJ pre-owned Nissan or any brand of pre-owned vehicle on our lot without any worries! If you decide you no longer want that specific automobile, just bring it back. It's that easy!
If you're looking for a used car dealer, NJ customers can't find a better option than Hudson, where you can bring your pre-owned car back within 30 days if you're not satisfied!
This Addendum is attached to and forms a part of that certain Retail Buyers Order (“Order”) between Dealer and Consumer for the vehicle identified above (“Vehicle”). In the event of any conflict between the terms and provisions of this Addendum and the terms and provisions of the Order, this Addendum shall govern and control in all instances.
Consumer may trade in the Vehicle to Dealer for a replacement vehicle (“Replacement Vehicle”) and receive a trade-in credit as set forth below at any time prior to the occurrence of the earlier of the following: (a) the expiration of thirty (30) days from the date of this Addendum; or (b) an additional two hundred fifty (250) miles being put on the Odometer.
1. The Vehicle must be returned to Dealer during the applicable time period in the same condition as it existed when Consumer took possession, subject to normal wear and tear;
2. While in Consumer’s possession, the Vehicle must not be involved in any accident or suffer any damage;
3. Consumer must and hereby holds Dealer harmless and indemnified from any matters arising out of or during Consumer’s possession or use of the Vehicle;
4. The Vehicle must be traded in to to Dealer free and clear of all liens and encumbrances;
5. If the Replacement Vehicle’s acquisition is to be financed by Consumer, then a lending institution must approve Consumer’s credit and unconditionally commit to purchase the retail installment sales contract for the Replacement Vehicle for no less than the amount financed; and
6. Consumer must purchase a Replacement Vehicle from Dealer, the price of which may not be less than 85% of the Vehicle’s purchase price, and Consumer must execute all necessary documents in connection with that trade-in transaction.
7. The time period for this Exchange Policy shall not be extended or otherwise altered as a result of the sufficiency or insufficiency of Dealer’s inventory levels or selection.
The Trade-in Credit to be given to Consumer and applied toward the Replacement Vehicle shall be equal to (“Credit Amount”): (i) the Vehicle’s Purchase Price, plus (ii) the Dealer Fees, if any, charged to and paid by Consumer, plus (iii) the price of any finance products (ex. GAP insurance, credit life, etc.) purchased by Consumer as part of the transaction. Consumer understands that no credit will be given for the cost of tag, title, registration and battery fees charged in connection with Consumer’s purchase of the Vehicle. The Credit Amount will not include any sales tax paid by the Consumer as Consumer will be given a sales tax offset in connection with the acquisition of the Replacement Vehicle. Further upon the trade-in, all finance products purchased with the Vehicle shall be voided. If the Vehicle is financed or otherwise secured by a lien and the Credit Amount is insufficient to satisfy the indebtedness secured by the Vehicle, Consumer may not exchange the Vehicle pursuant to this Addendum unless Consumer pays Dealer that deficiency or can finance that deficiency as part of its acquisition of the Replacement Vehicle.